What Are The Benefits Of Bariatric Surgery?
Obesity or overweight is the root cause of many harmful diseases and disorders. Various diet plans, exercises and many other traditional procedures have been designed to get rid of excess weight in obese people.
But what if those diet plans, exercises and other procedures unable to help you to lose your weight?
What choice do you have?
Well, we recommend Bariatric Surgery could be the right choice for you. It also gained a lot of reputation in recent years to lose excess weight successfully. Bariatric surgery is exceptionally beneficial and a great way to reduce weight particularly in people who are facing troubles to lose weight in normal ways.
Let’s get into details and know some amazing benefits of the surgery.
What Is Bariatric Surgery?
You may probably eat less if you felt your stomach is full after eating a little amount of food. That’s what exactly bariatric surgery does to you. Yes, bariatric surgery makes you eat less and help in losing weight.
There are many types of weight-loss surgeries, collectively called bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgery is a procedure performed on obese people to achieve weight loss. The procedure involves in reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removing a portion of the stomach or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch.
The surgery improves most of the medical problems like diabetes, blood pressure, arthritis etc. Quality of life is improved in 95% of patients. The mortality due to obesity also reduced to 89% from the last 5years.
What Are The Benefits Of Bariatric Surgery?
Researchers say that when an ideal candidate is chosen for bariatric surgery can overcome the temporary drawbacks after the surgery like dizziness, acid reflux, nutritional deficiency, loss of cosmetic appeal etc. However, if we consider the bariatric surgery benefits, they are exceptional and can really help you to lead a healthier life.
Here are the important benefits of bariatric surgery one should notice:
- Losing weight can help you in managing many chronic diseases like diabetes, BP, cholesterol, arthritis etc.
- Migraine, Obstructive sleep apnea problems can also be resolved in obese people with bariatric surgery.
- You may face difficulty in breathing due to excess fat. These problems go away after losing weight with bariatric surgery.
- 82% of Asthma problems can be resolved in obese people.
- Overweight interferes in your sex life and can also cause fertility problems. PCOD problems are very common in overweight women. In men, obesity leads to hormonal changes and lead to sexual problems like erectile dysfunction.
- In PCOS cases 79% of the resolution of hirsutism and 100% resolution in menstrual dysfunction cases.
- An obese woman might face certain risks during their pregnancy and Bariatric Surgery can reduce those risk factors in a pregnant woman.
- Heart health has a very close relationship with your weight. Obesity or overweight leads to various heart problems. A healthy weight is always necessary to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Bariatric surgery reduced cardiovascular diseases by 82% in obese people.
- Weight loss due to bariatric surgery also prevents liver diseases, urine inconsistency and other potential disorders.
- The cosmetic results are also undeniable. You will get a youngster feeling and more appealing look after bariatric surgery.
- Obesity deprives people physically, mentally and creates social trauma. But if you see the results of bariatric surgery, it will help you regain your self-confidence and even your social status.
- At last lighter weight makes movement easier and can participate in all kind sporting activities with ease. This will ensure that you have reaped the full benefits of this procedure.
Bariatric Surgery is like a one-stop solution for many disabling diseases and life-threatening problems like Hypertension, GERD, Gout, Metabolic syndrome problems, Degenerative joint diseases and many more.
Anyone who opted to go for bariatric surgery should consult an expert and confirm whether you are the right candidate for the surgery, as there are some undeniably associated risks. After all, Bariatric Surgery gives you a lease of a healthier life and helps you to live a longer and fuller life.
About the Doctor:
Dr Venugopal Pareek – Bariatric Surgeon
Dr Venugopal Pareek – Bariatric Surgeon Dr Venugopal Pareek is one of the best Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon in the city has done more than 9000 surgeries in 12 years. Dr Pareek has expertise in Bariatric Surgery. He has attended several conferences and published articles on medicine as well in various national and international journals.